PAYPAL HAS YOUR RETURN SHIPPING COSTS COVERED
You’re eligible for up to eight refunds per Australian PayPal account per calendar year. If you return multiple packages containing items from the same transaction, PayPal will refund your return shipping costs for up to three of the packages.
The Service is available at no additional cost to PayPal account holders who have registered for it at www.paypal.com.au/returns.
How do I make a Refund Request?
To submit a Refund Request, submit a claim to PayPal within 14 days of returning the item to us or our partner warehouse. You must ensure you have attached the required PayPal documentation, available here or by logging in to your PayPal account if you hold a personal account.
If any document is missing, you’ll need to submit it within 14 days of your initial submission.
- The completed online claim form is submitted via https://www.paypal-returns.com/hc/en-au/requests/new or by logging in to your PayPal account if you hold a personal account.
- The confirmation email for your PayPal transaction, or a screenshot of your PayPal account showing that the entire price was paid using your PayPal account and displaying the PayPal transaction ID; and
- A copy of your return shipment receipt that shows the amount you paid. If your receipt does not show the seller’s address, you must also provide a photo of the package with the seller’s full address. If return costs were deducted from the refund for the item, you must provide us proof of:
a. the initial price of the item returned; and
b. the amount of the refund, being either the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return or the PayPal email confirming the refund of the item.
If you use a service that tracks shipment, the receipt should also show the seller’s address;
If you use regular post (with no shipment tracking), PayPal also need a photo of the package showing the seller’s address.
If the return costs were deducted from the refund of your item, PayPal also need a copy of the refund email from the seller or PayPal, showing the amount refunded to you.
Documents must be clearly legible and emailed to [email protected]. Please keep the original documents as you may be asked to provide new copies if the copies are not sufficiently legible.
How will I be refunded?
If your Refund Request is accepted, you will receive a refund directly to your PayPal account.
How will I know if my Refund Request is accepted?
We will send you a:
- confirmation of receipt of your Refund Request: Within 1 business day
- notice of approval or rejection of your Refund Request: Within 5 business days from the receipt of your complete request
- refund to your PayPal account: Within 5 business days from the notice of approval of your Refund Request
Who should I contact if I have a question about the Service?
If you have any questions about the Service, please email [email protected].
For more information on the PayPal Refunded Returns Service, see the General Conditions of Use.
The Refunded Returns Service is offered by PayPal Pty. Ltd, in partnership with TELUS International Europe, the service provider.
Last updated on this site: 7/11/2017